The first day we all introduced ourselves and stated what has changed in our lives as an ice breaker activity. The trainer Iker Inchauspe then discussed what we were going to talk about and what we were doing wrong when we are looking for a job. He stated that our target profession or job is where the answers for these three-question overlap.
- What I can do
- What I like
- What I know how
We also discussed:
- What an interviewer is expecting.
- What our objectives should be.
- Phases of an interview and types of interviews and what to do before, during and after. We also discussed what are some common questions.
The second, third and fourth day we discussed soft skills:
- Self- knowledge and personal brand
- Creativity, Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Time Management
- Team work
- Conflict Management, negotiation and contracting
On the Tuesday and Wednesday, we had a guest speaker Fernando López that talked about How to get young migrant to open up and what happens on their journey. This was very sad and eye opening. We also discussed 4 different methods on how to mentor persons to finding a job:
- Direct method
- Line of Life
- Wheel of life
- Joharl’s Window
On the last day we had another guest speaker Susana De Junana who spoke more about networking and how to look for a job. She shared which applications and websites were better to use.