Project Title : Back to Root
Project Acronym: BRB
Project Code: 2028-1-UK01-KA204-048197
Start Date: 21.10.2019
Project Aim:– to share best practices between organizations in Europe dealing with depopulation and rural development.
– to point out the main issues and topics arising from contexts of depopulation and their communities.
– to develop guidelines for local and educational authorities for the possible measures to prevent the phenomenon and its dynamics thanks to the template of activities included in the final toolkit;
– training key figures (unemployed adults, workers and members of rural depopulated communities (or at risk of depopulation), operators and entrepreneurs working already in those contexts, policymakers in the field and members of local institutions, trainers and mentors in vocational guidance and employability) and stimulate them to develop and adopt new techniques concerning rural development.
– promoting multidisciplinary approaches in dealing with challenges present in these settings and empowering participants to work on their competencies and tools for social (and economic) change.
– pointing out good and bad practices in Europe.
– promoting the importance of EU values, democracy, and citizenship
– building bridges between companies, institutions, and authorities disseminating the toolkit developed.
– to promote conceptual tools for policymakers and entrepreneurship on start-up business and actions for socioeconomic re-qualification activities.
– Raise awareness of the key role of cultural heritage in defining a European identity;
Mobilizing Expertise- Sweden
Result:– Creation of the website and social media profile of the project
– Creation of a toolkit for organizations dealing with rural depopulated communities (or at risk of depopulation), operators and entrepreneurs working in those contexts, policymakers in the field, and members of local institutions, trainers, and mentors
– International training activity in Calabria, Italy, to test the toolkit and evaluate its potential, putting also in practice some activities, sharing best practices, and performing a visit to a local village involved in rural development and repopulating activities.
– Local and international dissemination activities of the toolkit to reach more stakeholders, companies, and institutions in the field of depopulation and rural development.
– Review and publication of the toolkit based on the feedback received