About the project:
Project Window on the World (WOW), an Erasmus Plus Strategic Partnership Project being implemented from 2017-2017.
WOW aims to strengthen the capacity of organisations working with youth, by developing a strategic approach that empowers youth practitioners to teach young people about, and for young people to engage with global and international development issues, and become global citizens. In other words, opening a ‘window on the world’ so young people can see the bigger picture.
Main Project objectives:
1. Improve the knowledge and understanding of at least 1000 young people of global and development issues, focusing on the Global Dimension and Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs)
2. Engage young people in critical thinking, discussions and debate about global and development issues
3. Improve the competences of youth practitioners to deliver development education by training them in international development, and the pedagogy of development education.
4. Develop a global competency framework for (a) young people and (b) youth practitioners
5. Improve intercultural awareness of young people and youth practitioners so they can operate in intercultural settings